28 March 2007

Censored?

I don't know if this is just a technical glitch[*] or straight censure, but one of the Planet aggregators carrying my blog selectively skip content (I talk about this post).
If I am censored, please either a) drop me from aggregation or b) stop censoring.

Thank you.


[*] - I doubt very much the glitch, as a lot of other aggregators (some run by me) are just fine

Update: Further investigation and cooperation of the admin show a technical problem. Too bad I write once in a while an article for my Romanian readers and then something happens and is not delivered in the channel. There must be a moral to this story...

8 comments:

  1. > one of the Planet aggregators
    Which?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post has Romania as one of its labels, so...

    for now I will give the admins the benefit of the doubt and not call names yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Planet linux360? :) It seems it's not being displayed there either but it's present in the rss feed. It must be some technical reason, however I don't know which. The posts are allowed full-length, no limit is imposed on their length (this hasn't changed for quite some time now) and afaik Planet has no built-in censoring mechanism. Other than that, I can't do much since I don't know Python. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no ideea where it fail, but other 3 PlanetPlanet instances have no problem with it.

    When I have problems with the PlantePlanet sites I maintain I run them in the console and watch the messages, if something fail, it is usually shown there (like syntax error in the feed).

    You may have also a bug in the template and it fail fo take consecutive posts into account (unclosed tags or whatever). I have no idea if such an error is shown on the console.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [root@heracles ~]# ./planet.py ./linux360/fancy/config.ini
    [root@heracles ~]#

    Nada. Any helping/debugging hand is welcome. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Censorship accusations should not be thrown around so lightly. You may want to consider what you are saying before you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's obviously worth reading. Good work! SEO company dubai

    ReplyDelete