17 January 2008

Coloring the map

The other day I talked about the outlines for my RPG map tileset, naturally I went to the next step: adding pretty colors (as planned) and it progress quite fast, it is the easy part.

[tile][tile][tile][tile]

I tried to get a balanced result: at the same time shiny enough but also simple enough, I could have added a lot more details but this is my current trade-off (feel free to start from the outlines and do your own colorization).
[tile][tile][tile][tile]

One decision I made will surely come back and bite me in the ass: I used gradients. They make the look prettier but after importing a few images with gradients Inkscape gets confused very fast (it is a known bug).
[tile][tile][tile][tile]

But enough for now, I spammed enough with this topic, will talk again about it when the set will be complete and uploaded to the Open Clip Art Library (hopefully next week considering the current speed). Until then I will quietly update my gallery, one by one.
[tile][tile][tile][tile]

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicu! Did you use the paintbucket to fill them in or did you create vector fills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vector fills made with the polygon tool. But the fills made with the paintbucket are also vectors (but they have a lot of additional nodes and the margins do not align perfectly with a complex outline).

    ReplyDelete