02 February 2011

Nicu at FOSDEM 2011

I am looking forward to the upcoming FOSDEM conference at the end of this week, there will be present a large Fedora group, mostly Ambassadors (including my Greek roommates) but also a large Romanian group, mostly from ROSEdu, so plenty of people to hang with.

What I will be doing here? A lot of photography, of course... and as I am still crazy about my new wide lens, most of them will be bad, using that lens in the most inappropriate situations and screwing opportunities. I will also available talk with those interested about the bad state and direction of Fedora and the things that make me, and everyone else I know, unhappy about it. If anyone will want to find me, I will probably roam around the Fedora booth, but not serving at the booth, as I am not a full Ambassador, nor someone that will talk now only in superlatives about the distro.

fosdem 2011                   give back fedora

What I won't do there? >No activities involving the Fedora Design Team, still, I may be available for general graphics stuff (however, no more bribery) and, if needed, may be available for some design tasks for "the revolution".

PS: I heard some rumours about people wondering about me during the Tempe FUDCon, if anyone is curious, I was home over that week-end taking photos (they should be able to know how to reach my other blog for them).

2 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to meet you, but Tatica said you won't be coming. It was fun, though I missed the badges by a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. > "but not serving at the booth, as I am not a full Ambassador, nor someone that will talk now only in superlatives about the distro."

    I'm a full ambassador, and I don't "talk only in superlatives about the distro".

    That's called honesty, and that's what I expect from ambassadors, especially those I mentor.

    Note that I didn't say I agree or disagree with you on "the bad state and direction of Fedora", but your assumption that ambassadors are puppet delivering the message they were just fed startled me.

    ReplyDelete