20 May 2011

Fedora at Agora's Open Source / Free Software conference

I asked if, as disgruntled as I am, I still go and talk about Fedora at a local FOSS conference and the feedback convinced me to go. As the local Fedora community is extremely weak these days, I wasn't able to summon a team (we were on hostile grounds, with Microsoft as the main sponsor of the event), so I joined Ceata.

ceata

I delivered my talk (slides available), which was about the local Fedora community, maybe a bit more optimistic than it should have been and, as I couldn't resist other way, a small sting at the conference's main sponsor (not included in the slides).
ceata

Overall, it was a nice experience: strengthening the team (Ceata), fun time, making contacts and delivering a message. A good day.
ceata


PS: I recorded on video my presentation, but being dumb enough I lost it... have no idea on which hard drive was saved :(

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha...esti vraiste maestre....: ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. da, am avut mult de lucru si sint cam cu o saptamina in urma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about gnome 3 now, don Nicu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. gnome 3 is an abomination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poate că ar trebui să mă alătur și eu Cetei. Barem mai înalț niște zmee :-D

    P.S. If you have used The Cloud you wouldn't have lost that video :-P

    ReplyDelete